Monday, December 13, 2010

34th anniversary and jam...

102 jars of jam later ...
we were beat.
Jamie and I spent one whole day making...
organic raspberry jam,
blackberry jam,
raspberry blueberry jam,
raspberry blackberry jam...
I have to say that it beats shopping for gifts...
and who doesn't love jam...


I want to blog about a contest I entered as well, and the prize is $150 visa card.. yeah I never win anything but it's always fun to try... Nicole at pinch my salt is taking entries and all you have to do is leave a comment ect. at pinch my salt reviews telling how you eat healthy during the holidays...
it's really fun to read all the other entries and see what everyone else is up to as far as staying in shape.. it's always good to get new ideas..

speaking of food...


this was our anniversary dinner...
delish...
spinach salad with caramelized red onion and corn,
caramelized with orange infused olive oil and turbinado sugar.
plump blackberries,
blue cheese crumbles,
toasted pine nuts,
and a drizzle of the orange infused olive oil and 15 year aged balsamic...

the shrimp was sauteed in red pepper olive oil with finely chopped
jalapeno and whole garlic cloves, with a little finely chopped onion...
and a splash of fresh lemon juice right at the end.

this was a great dinner and very healthy.

we also went downtown for first Friday and the lighting of main street...




I love small town life...


main street was closed down and everyone walked along with the horses
and enjoyed the lights...


merry merry christmas




1 comment:

  1. Mmmm Jam. I have already eaten at least 5 jars. Great pics of main street too!

    ReplyDelete